Squirrel-X6 Squirrel Resistant Bird Feeder
Birds that love this product.
Feed that goes well with this product.
Feed birds (not squirrels!) and discourage bully birds with the revolutionary Squirrel-X6 squirrel-resistant bird feeder! If a squirrel tries to feed on any of the 6 spring-loaded perches, the X6’s integrated design shuts every port simultaneously, stopping racketeering rodents right in their tracks. 6 adjustable comfort perches provide bird selectivity, and their durable, round design attracts a wide variety bird species. Adjustable weight springs are easily accessible on the base to change weights of closure mechanism to keep out larger “bully” birds like Grackles, Doves, and Blackbirds – simply adjust the central tension spring post to feed the birds of your choice! The X6 disassembles into 3 simple sections for thorough cleaning as easy as 1, 2, 3! The extra tall tube design hinders squirrels from reaching the seed ports from the roof, while its supersized 6.1 lbs. seed capacity lasts longer between fillings. The wide opening, push-down-and-twist metal locking lid quickly removes for effortless refilling, while the metal port hoods and built-in baffle keep moisture out. With a rugged metal die-cast frame, elegant dome design and oil-rubbed bronze finish, the X6 combines strength & style to bring you the ultimate in squirrel-resistant bird feeding and your best defense against squirrels!
- Keep out squirrels and larger “bully” birds like Grackles, Doves, and Blackbirds – simply adjust the central tension spring post to feed the birds of your choice!
- Integrated spring-loaded perch design shuts every port simultaneously with the weight of a squirrel or larger bird on any perch
- Intuitive green tension indicator on spring post makes tension adjustment easy – no disassembly required!
- 6 rounded “comfort perches” attract a wider variety of birds, while being length-adjustable for bird selectivity
- Feeder disassembles into 3 simple sections for thorough cleaning as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Wide opening, push-down-and-twist metal locking lid quickly removes for effortless refilling
|Dimensions||7.5 × 7.5 × 22.16 in|
Squirrels are so clever and relentless and it seems sometimes that they’re smarter than most other animals. One of the biggest challenges to feeding wild birds—our own challenge too—is deterring squirrels. We work on a daily basis to create quality products and cultivate good advice that will help us all win this fight.
The key to successfully keeping a feeder squirrel-proof is its placement. Squirrels are agile and are able to jump up to 8ft horizontally and 4ft vertically. For this reason, we recommend that feeders be placed 8ft away from any structures that they can climb on so that they do not reach across to access the feeding holes. It can be helpful to trim back and prune any nearby bushes or branches within 12ft of a feeder. We also recommend that feeders be placed higher than 4ft off the ground, preventing the squirrels from jumping and grabbing onto the bottom. If you are using a hook or pole, we recommend that the hook have at least a 16in distance from the pole. Placing a baffle on the pole or having a caged feeder will also help to ensure squirrel-proofing success.